Sunday 8 April 2012

SMS Language - Some Examples of Text Messages Including Txt Abbreviations

Is the site2sms accent demography over the English-speaking world?

Is it demography over the non-English speaking world, too? Well, this commodity is a abrupt acumen into site2sms language, and it includes some examples of argument messages, with some accepted argument bulletin abbreviations (aka site2sms dictionary) included too. And, as you apprehend it, I achievement this site2sms accent commodity illuminates rather than irritates.

Remember, it's not alone on adaptable phones that such site2sms accent is actualization these days:

* Facebook and Twitter updates are appropriately acceptable to accept autograph sentences that could attending absurd to many

* Instant messaging software like Skype generally sees humans autograph in "txt speak"

* And online appointment messages, area anybody is in such a bustle (or humans just don't apperceive any better), are generally blowzy with these alleged argument bulletin abbreviations

So whilst you may anon be gritting your teeth (as you apprehend this site2sms accent article), bethink it *is* advantageous to apperceive a bit of this txt lingo...

TEXT MESSAGE EXAMPLES

Okay, actuality are some examples of argument letters including some archetypal corpuscle buzz abbreviations:

1) My smmr hols wr CWOT

2) I wntd 2 go hm ASAP, 2C my M8s again

Believe it or not, these site2sms examples were taken from an English article submitted by a 13 year old British teenager. At school. Seriously! And their meaning, of advance is...

1) My summer holidays were a complete decay of time

2) I capital to go home as anon as possible, to see my mates again

I could calmly accomplish up an site2sms archetype or two, by removing vowels and abridgement words as abundant as accessible - lk ths, u c! - but I accept this 18-carat site2sms archetype is of added educational value.

Yes, that's how the site2sms accent is composed - it's all about chat reduction, beneath characters to blazon (crucial for speed, for example, as able-bodied as amplitude on FaceBook and Twitter cachet updates!) But again it's all about alive some absolute site2sms shortcuts too - no charge to reinvent the wheel, I guess. And that's area argument bulletin abbreviations appear in, contrarily accepted as 'site2sms dictionary'.

Here's a absolutely abbreviate archetype of what I mean:

site2sms DICTIONARY

BF - boyfriend

GF - girlfriend

D8 - date

L8 - late

U - you

LMAO - beam my ass off

IMAO - in my aloof opinion

IMHO - in my apprehensive opinion

(Er, in my apprehensive opinion, opinions should consistently be humble!;-) )

And, finally, actuality are a few txt msg abrs for you to nod your arch in acceding with...

TEXT MESSAGE ABBREVIATIONS

BRB - be appropriate back

RUT - are you there?

LOL - beam out loud

MTE - my thoughts exactly

OMG - Oh my God!

AFZ - acronym chargeless area (!)

FFS - for *freak* sake

2M2H - too abundant to handle

2MI - too abundant information

IK - I know

:-* - kiss

:-@ - screaming

O:-) - saintly

;-) - flash (just in case you didn't know!)

NB aberration is added generally replaced with a altered chat alpha with F! If you get my drift!

--

As with all languages, the site2sms accent is ever-evolving, and alone a few of the bags of words/phrases/shortcuts accessible will anytime be in accepted use at any one time. So agitation not!

Still, these examples of site2sms letters accord a flavour of the advice traveling on out there, via buzz or online...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.